We use Linksys range extender to perk up the internet range of existing WiFi router and 'Linksys' is well known for manufacturing WiFi range extenders from a while.
As a matter of fact, when we buy a new smart WiFi range extender we get curious for the Linksys extender setup process. Isn't it? But let us tell you that it is not as though as you are thinking. You can easily setup and install a Linksys range extender like a pro.
There are two ways to set up and install a Linksys WiFi range extender and in this post, we will be discussing both the ways. Let's get started.
First of all, let us discuss with your some appropriate tips before the setup of the Linksys device
- Well, a Linksys range extender is a simple plug and play device but we advise you to reset your device prior to setting it up.
- During the installation process, you are supposed to place the Linksys device closer to your existing and up-to-date WiFi router.
Now, let us find out the simple easy to execute steps to configure a Linksys wireless range extender
- Insert the plug of your Linksys device into a damaged-free electrical outlet.
- After that, go to your computer or laptop (any) and tap on the 'Wireless' icon and look for available and active networks.
- You have to look for the open network i.e. Linksys Extender Setup and securely connect with it.
- Once you are connected to the network successfully, open a web browser that will directly redirect you to Linksys WiFi extender login page.
- If you don't see the login page, then you are supposed to type extender.linksys.com in the address bar of a web browser.
In case you are still facing issues, then dial a toll-free number 1-800-924-0563 and ask for extender.linksys.com support.
Note: You can also use 192.168.1.1 (default IP address) to access Linksys extender login page.
- Now, onto the login page, you just have to follow the entire on-screen instruction to setup and install your Linksys device like a pro.
- If you want. you can also change the language according to your own perference - accept all the terms and conditions and tap on 'Next'.
- Here, you can see a list of available WiFi networks, Yes? You just have to choose a network that belongs to you and whose range you wanna extend. After that, you have to type the password or passphrase of your existing WiFi router and click on 'Next'.
Note: You can also change the SSID (network name) and security key (password) for your range extender and hit on 'Next'. To prevent your home network from unauthorized attack, it is recommended – do not keep the login details as default and never share your WiFi password with anyone.
- In the next step, you can also lock your Linksys extender using the admin name and password.
- Once done, click on 'Next' and save all the settings made by you. Shut down your device after that.
- After some time, plug in your range extender to your preferred location and enjoy streaming online videos, shows, and movies without buffering in every corner of your house.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Linksys range extender like a pro.
In case you experience issues in the setup process, then take a glance to reset Linksys range extender. For assistance, dial the toll-free number mentioned above.
Installation and Setup of the Linksys Device with an Ethernet Cable
- Firstly, connect your Linksys device to the desktop or laptop with an Ethernet cable.
- Plug your Linksys device into an electrical outlet and wait for the LED lights on it to become stable.
- Open a web browser to connect to Linksys extender by typing http://extender.linksys.com/ into its URL bar.
- Type in the default login credentials into the displayed Linksys extender router login page and tap on the icon Login.
- Tap on the icon 'Wireless settings'.
- Proceed a little forward to set the 'radio' button to 'manual'.
- Type the network name of your main WiFi router and shut down your Linksys range extender after that. Shut down your router as well.
- Plug in your Linksys device first and after a few minutes the main router of yours.
Good Job! You have successfully done the installation of your Linksys device using an Ethernet cable.